I’m closing my Facebook, Whatsapp and Twitter on 31 January 2021 for the following 10 reasons:
- We’ve become products. I’m against digital human trafficking.
- Targeted marketing kills the natural human instinct to explore.
- Targeted posts should never aim at the worst in people.
- Sharing our data is sharing our lives. No one would have said “yes” at the start.
- Social media apps purposely target addiction; human frailty that should be overcome not encouraged.
- These MegaApps have grown stupidity and vanity at the expense of creativity and intelligence.
- I’m sick of keyboard ‘activists’ who think that opinions about faraway places are more important than fixing their real-life communities through physical participation.
- I’m disgusted that Facebook and Twitter allied with Donald Trump only to dump him and ally with Joe Biden. I’m against both actions. Our individuality is more important than MegaApps seeking the money and power that the grace of presidents can deliver.
- I’m a South African anti-corruption activist targeted via social media by the Democratic Alliance (DA) criminals I expose. Facebook ignored my pleas for protection. It allowed me to be falsely associated with a missing child and labelled as a sociopath and paedophile. My cyberstalkers have never been banned because they’re products too. Truth is killed for profit.
- I cannot save people from the worst version of themselves but I can make this small, personal protest on my continued path of doism and minimalism.
You can read about my battle for justice, including my cyberstalkers, via the following summary and my free book (‘Part 2’ details their nefarious and unmitigated internet campaign):
- The Easy Guide to DA corruption and intimidation
- 'Same Shit, Different Government' pdf (3016 downloads) FREE
Social media giants have supported South African corruption at the expense of millions of humans.
If you care, truly care, about whether I survive the politicians, then go old-school style and subscribe to my website – https://themikehampton.com/subscribe/. The next High Court date is 10 March 2021. I’m fighting the banning of this website and my book, ‘Same Shit, Different Government’. The DA aims to complete their cover-up by imprisoning me.
I suggest that you sign up to the following privacy apps (which also have desktop versions):
How we spend our time defines who we are. A better world depends on us becoming more humane.
Enjoy the sunrise and hear the birds singing about eating and flying. Listen to more audiobooks, non-Billboard music and Radiolab podcasts. Watch foreign movies and walk in the sun. Eat more vegetables and drink more water. Write a long letter to someone you love. Help someone, especially strangers because unexpected sunshine is joy.
The Matrix lied ’cause the red pill is cherry sweet.
Credit: The image of Africa was created by Globe Master 3D and is public domain.
Update: Twitter deleted. Facebook doesn’t respect privacy, only allowing deletion after 30 days. WhatsApp deletion will have to wait as I failed to activate replacement apps.