It’s an ANC leak at exactly the wrong time for the ANC. That’s the best nature of leaks.
The meeting minutes of the National Working Committee (NWC), which includes the highest leaders, shows President Jacob Zuma fighting back against the rebellion in his ranks since he ‘fired’ Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan.
ANC LEAK EXPRESSES INTERNAL REBELLION
- Management of Alliance tensions
- Condemn behaviour of SACP and COSATU
- NWC, defence of the ANC where National Office fails
- Kathrada Funeral – manner in which some NEC members and Ministers behaved
- Unfortunate actions of the Integrity Commission
- Letter raised – disowned by the IC (Integrity Commission) and agreed that it shall be withdrawn
- Mobilising by Cde Pravin
- Motion of no confidence [by Parliament against Zuma]
- Support to newly appointed deployees
- Divisions within the organisation
- Tolerance to deviant behaviour
- Entrench authority to lead
- We are weaker when we show divisions internally
- Engagement with comrades who have been removed
- Reshuffle triggered resurgence of dead movement #ZumaMustFall
- Firm belief that they can remove Zuma
- Mobilisation is not a spontaneous act
- How do we deal with some of our comrades becoming a part of the force united against us?
- Irreparable breakdown of the relationship between the President and former Finance Minister
- Sustained contestation of the ANC and Treasury
- Fractured and ructions at the highest level
- Past four days have been very difficult for the ANC and the country
- Prevailing contradictions. SA problem is a class struggle. Removal of the President will not resolve such contradictions
- Leadership cannot be blind to the calamitous challenge we are facing, such would be dangerous to the NDR
- With the rand’s value down 11% in one week, it’s notable that one of the early topics was that the “Markets should not dictate to the movement [ANC].”
REGARDS SOUTH AFRICA’S CREDIT RATINGS
- Decision to downgrade SA was taken on Thursday before the reshuffle
- Pending pronouncements by Fitch and Moody’s
The ANC leak shows repeats the obvious that fighting inside the party is happening at its highest ranks. It’s extremely ironical that one of the topics on the agenda was “Leaks in the organisation”.
This morning, the ANC is expected to call a press conference to address the latest scandal.
UPDATE – ANC PRESS CONFERENCE