This is the Beginner’s Guide to Democratic Alliance Corruption that’s drowning Knysna and sending a tsunami towards politicians in Cape Town.
An interested and concerned citizen took me for coffee to basically tell me that I’m all over the place, making it hard for him to see the bigger picture. I’ll admit, new readers, who haven’t travelled the past 6 years of my activism, may be confused by the more than 918,000 words on this website.
In short, I exposed widespread corruption in the Democratic Alliance municipality of Knysna. I informed all local directors and politicians. I informed Premier Helen Zille, DA Leader Mmusi Maimane and the DA Federal Executive. I have a submission with Parliament through the Select Committee Petitions & Executive Undertakings – the hearings have concluded, now awaiting a ruling. Without proper reason or any reason given, the Hawks and SAPS have failed to act. The Office of the Public Protector is dragging its heels with my 13 complaints – I fear they’re compromised, protecting the DA. National newspapers will not report on the DA’s crimes. The Cape Bar seems similarly biased.
Knysna Mayor Eleanore Spies and Speaker Georlene Wolmarans have been the political leaders of this corruption for two terms. At the end of 2017, it was revealed that they had illegally used public funds to obtain expensive legal advice and threaten me.
This is DA land. The half a million people in our district seem forgotten except when abused. Our lives are decided by corrupt power, not truth and public service.
Update Jan 2017: Parliament’s Committee Petitions & Executive Undertakings has made the recommendation to the National Council of Provinces that there be an investigation by the National Office of the Public Protector who must also investigate why their Western Cape offices failed to do their job.
Doing the right thing, trying to be a responsible citizen, has made my life difficult. I have been subjected to horrible propaganda campaigns, backed by the DA, that has associated me with child abuse and a missing nine-year-old girl. Other lies have included that I work for the ANC or a third force, aiming to destroy our economy. I gain the feeling that the defamation targets the sympathy of white voters who are, in our town arguably the most powerful and most likely to donate to the DA, yet most happy to sit back or express armchair opinions. By no means is that a generalisation. My subscribers are a wonderful mix of all communities, a positive I cling to as the possibility of a better future wherein we are judged by civic responsibility and contribution – not by bias; the colours of our skin or political flags.
This will grant you understanding that all is not well in the Western Cape, and that the DA, like the ANC, serves itself, not us (note that all links open in a new page):
- SABC News: Knysna Mayor Mum on Corruption Allegations
- Parliament Wants PP to Investigate DA Corruption
- Download Democratic Alliance Corruption Cover-Up Document
- Helen Zille Won’t Respond: Knysna Fire & Intimidation Complaint
- Parliament Audio: Love Knysna Petition
- Minister Anton Bredell & Knysna Mayor Georlene Wolmarans in Property Developers Tender Scandal
- DA Leaders Backing Geordin-Hill Lewis Backing Alleged Knysna Corruption
- Audio: Knysna Mayor Spies regards Parliament in Council Meeting
- Dear Public Protector Advocate Busisiwe Mkhwebane (!)
- Revealed: Charge Sheet against Knysna Municipal manager Grant Easton
- Dear DA Mayor Eleanore Spies, You’re My Disappointment
- Audio: Meeting with Mayor Eleanore Bouw-Spies & Illegal Communications Manager Fran Kirsten
- Urgent: Download this Secret Democratic Alliance Document
- Troubled Knysna’s Submission to Parliament
- Campbell Rejects Municipality’s Answers to Parliament #1
- #1: Facts vs DA’s Response to Parliament
- The Evidence Against DA Councillor Dr. Martin Young (with sequel)
- DA Councillor Wants to Sue 200 Citizens for R60-million
- Helen Zille Knysna Meeting #2: Mike Hampton
- DA Fire Disaster: Another Damning Report
- The Difficult DA & Proof They Lied
- My Cyberstalker, Mark Allan (with sequels)
If you can’t overcome your bias and point at the corruption of others as an excuse for DA corruption, then you should read ‘Why Are You Destroying South Africa?’.