Cape Town’s Powertime has received a 2015 DigiWorld Award (Africa & Middle East)
in recognition of it’s mobile apps. Powertime is the only platform enabling
more than 11 million South Africans to purchase on mobile Apps prepaid electricity,
airtime and pay bills, and track their usage.
Montpellier, France – November 19th, 2016: At the 37th annual DigiWorld Summit, in partnership with La French Tech, IDATE has just announced the winners of the first annual DigiWorld Awards, recognising digital industry start-ups.
Powertime, a Cape Town based start up created in 2010, received the top award for the Africa Middle East. The award was decided by a jury of 11 top individuals in the international Digital industry, and supported by Accenture, Orange, Cap Gemini, Ericsson, Serena Capital and others. The selection was done out of 40 applications, leading to a shortlist of 3 (Everjobs from Ivory Coast, Pzartech from Israel, and Powertime from South Africa.
“This award is fantastic recognition of the hard work we have put in for the past 5 years” says Powertime MD Sébastien Lacour. “Powertime has always been pioneer in the mobile segment, with over 70% of its transactions done via our iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Apps. We deliver an impeccable customer experience, have a proven business model and a rich product focused on Mobile in the Utility and Bill payment industries. Our goal is now to leverage our expertise and our experience in South Africa to take part in the mobile payments revolution worldwide. We look forward to partner with more people to further accelerate our growth.”
- Instant top-up of pre-paid electricity meters
- Manage several meters and bills on one single account
- Receive low-credit notifications
- Buy airtime (vouchers and direct top up)
- Pay municipal bills (Cape Town and Durban initially)
- Access your payment history
- Register your meter and your card instantly with the new scan feature
The app is available on:
- Powertime MobiSite: http://m.powertime.co.za
- Powertime Android application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.methys.powertime
- Powertime iPhone application: https://itunes.apple.com/app/powertime/id345272537?mt=8
- Powertime BlackBerry Application: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/55943/
- Powertime Nokia Symbian application: http://store.ovi.com/content/105666
- Powertime WIndows8 application: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/powertime/c75c5f99-38bc-4c76-8a24-3739f4f574f8