Hi Ben Mokheseng and Sebolelo Matsoso, and your Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA). Again, I contact you from our imploded Knysna Municipality. I have news and a document pertaining to alleged corruption by Chief Financial Officer Mbulelo Memani and Deputy Mayor Aubrey Tsengwa. This is for your meeting about us on Monday, June 15.
I WAS DISMAYED THAT DBSA DOESN’T CARE
It’s impractical that you shut down my queries. Instead, as expected, you contacted Knysna Municipality about me. Unfortunately our country has a history of banks caring about money and those in power more than the mass of people they’re supposed to serve. Is that true here? Are your loans are only about earning interest rather than assisting us?
How could your respect for the privacy of your client be your previous excuse for not answering my questions regarding, for example, your, now in jail, ex-contractor, Marius Botha. It would appear that you chose a side. I’m hoping not which is why I’m approaching you with more information.
I want your R71-million loan used wisely. I don’t want it to be dropped into our bottomless hole of corruption, and then we suffer more by paying you R35-million interest. I definitely don’t want it used by our politicians as a weapon they won’t explain i.e. why is it everything when our budget is over a billion?
Lot’s happened this past week…
DR LOUIS SCHEEPERS HAS LANDED
History shows that there’s never good news but I have to be an optimist to be an anti-corruption activist. I have to believe that there will be a saviour. Maybe that’ll be Dr Louis Scheepers.
Marius Botha’s friend, Dr Michele Gratz, failed in hers, a few businesses and the DA’s plot to takeover our town. At one stage it was certain but a few of us citizens won against the odds. Consequently, this weekend, Louis assumed Gratz’s position as Acting Municipal Manager.
Your cloak and dagger is unnecessary. I’ll forward this to Louis and others, and post online. I’ll CC you as proof.
ALLEGED CORRUPTION INFO AND QUESTIONS
- We don’t know how long Louis will be with us because Gratz’s predecessor, Municipal Manager Sitembile Vatala’s suspension has been extended either by accident or because it was strategic to keep him away for longer than the stipulated 3 months. I haven’t seen the evidence but those in the know say its overwhelming so maybe Louis gets to stay.
- Vatala used to be friends with Chief Financial Officer Mbulelo Memani and Director Corporate Services Phumla Makoma. Maybe it was another reason but it seems too coincidental that they were rumoured to have a big falling out as Knysna got into trouble.
- I don’t know if Makoma is involved in any wrongdoing as Knysna Municipality hasn’t made us privy to the complaint filed by the Knysna Ratepayers’ Association (KRA).
- Unsurprisingly, the KRA has been under sustained propaganda attack by Gratz’s supporters, the (possibly misnamed) Greater Knysna Business Chamber. Their new Chairperson is Elmay Bouwer. She used to be the Chair of Knysna Tourism, a private company that was illegally funded by Public funds with permission from Premier Alan Winde.
- Attached are several pages of the questions MM Vatala, before suspension, asked CFO Memani regards his alleged corruption. It’s a long list.
- Notably, Deputy Mayor Aubrey Tsengwa is alleged to be implicated too.
- Three senior staff members were suspended this week. It’s possible that it was political victimisation. Note that one works directly under CFO Memani.
- For the second time, the DA prevented the annual budget from passing, using your R71-million loan as the excuse.
- The ANC elected the DA’s old friend, COPE Councillor Elrick van Aswegen, as our new mayor. Van Aswegen has failed to address me regarding the corruption I’ve reported to him for 9 years.
If you look under Special Council meetings, June 2020’s documents will provide you our town’s current financial situation – https://www.knysna.gov.za/government/council/council-agendas/
WE NEED ASSISTANCE but it’d be useful if you would supply me your policy regarding loans to corrupt municipalities.
Louis Scheepers used to work for you, the Development Bank of Southern Africa. Will he receive preference over my queries and the health of the Public? Or will you morally respond? If the latter, please begin by addressing my two previous letter.