Dear Public Protector Advocate Busisiwe Mkhwebane
Please add more resources to the sum of my complaints to your Office which is a town controlled by corruption with the blessing from the top ranks of the Democratic Alliance (DA). Uncomfortably, you’ll also have to investigate one of your own for deliberately failing to act, a move that discredits what your Office is supposed to represent i.e. protection of the public, not politicians.
I’m an activist publicly presenting those 9 complaints (more to follow) on my blog, Knysna Keep. I do so in the interests of transparency, the public and my own safety. The two largest complaints, the first two, currently sit in limbo in Parliament.
For 6 years, as a citizen and activist, I’ve been involved in bitter battles with the DA.
Despite delivering grossly fat evidence, no one has been held accountable so far and there’s is a segment of the public that thinks that the DA can do no wrong. The uncomfortable fact is that all parties are susceptible to corruption, especially as their power grows. That’s not a South African thing, it’s an everywhere thing. I hope that these matters will be judged on merit rather than bias, and acted upon via duty rather political affiliation.
The DA is obviously more interested in protecting it’s false image and power relationships than it is in protecting the people they are supposed to be representing. If allowed to continue, our town will suffer more as the corrupt become more arrogant.
“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything.” – Albert Einstein
Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane, will you help? Will you end this pervasive corruption?
Love Knysna, Save Knysna!
- Part 1: DA, Knysna & Public Protector – The Section 21 Company
- Part 2: DA, Knysna & Public Protector – The ISDF Tender
- Part 3: DA, Knysna & Public Protector – The Communications Contract
- Part 4: DA, Knysna & Public Protector – The Mayor’s ex-Husband
- Part 5: DA, Knysna & Public Protector – The Director
- Part 6: coming… Propaganda, Intimidation, Suppression
- Part 7: DA, Knysna & Public Protector – Why Did DA Allow ANC Study Funding?
- Part 8: coming… The Firemen…
- Part 9: DA, Knysna & Public Protector – East Head property leases
- Part 10: coming… Director Grafting…