“Attention Politicians: You think we’re nothing but WE’RE EVERYTHING.” – The Public
The Democratic Alliance’s attack, against the half a million residents of the Garden Route, has been exposed. Using sedition and propaganda, they’ve show us that the part of the National Party it absorbed was its dirty tricks heart. Parliament has made the connection between what’s been happening to Knysna and Oudtshoorn.
It’s severe that the ‘DA’s’ Western Cape MEC Anton Bredell is implicated. That multiplies with the news that James Selfe, the DA’s shadow man, and Premier Alan Winde, are allegedly involved too.
COGTA MAKES FIRST MOVE
Parliament, Wednesday, 24 June 2020:
“On the issue of the secret tape recording implicating the Western Cape Provincial Minister of Local Government, Environmental Affairs and Development Planning, the committee is not satisfied that it was a political agreement with the then national minister to have an administration of the municipality put in place. This issue will need to be probed further, as similar events are currently happening in Knysna municipality.
That statement was after the EFF asked questions via COGTA in a National Assembly session. The zoomed connection was problematic but the video, which can be found below, is the beginning of a record i.e. there will be a follow-on session, hence Parliament’s statement above. Premier Alan Winde’s evasion is obvious. The DA’s most reliable feature is cover-up, obliqueness and denial its beginning. Parliament is rejecting his explanation which is a lie of omission and obfuscation.
Ensure the Facebook video is counting time rather than showing how much is left. Clicking the counter changes the option. Jump forward to:
- 2hrs, 24mins – Questions from Khanya Ceza (EFF)
4hrs, 9min, 20secs – Questions from Khanya Ceza (EFF)
4hrs,18min – Premier Alan Winde (DA) speaks about old events, deliberately dodging current situation (note how he begins with a laugh)
Compare to the secret recording and transcript which can be found here.
It will be easy for COGTA to broaden its investigation as, earlier this month, COGTA Chair Faith Muthambi called for an urgent forensic investigation into Knysna, and requested that the Western Cape Government explain its [failed] oversight function.
I’m not going to repeat Bredell’s plot to overthrow Oudtshoorn, the recording is blatantly incriminating. And I’ve got many blogs describing the attempted takeover of Knysna. I haven’t written about George, the capital of the district, but, for now, you can refer to the GOOD Party’s press statement.
There’s need for me to do a feature that brings it all together but my purpose here is sharing with you important questions that the DA Federal Executive and Western Cape Government will not answer. I do so in the hope that Media finally overcomes it bias, and puts the people of the Western Cape ahead of the DA’s fake liberalism.
THE DA’S DESPERATION & IMMORALITY
The DA has deliberately eroded the separation of powers between the administration and the political. They have done so for political gain. The use of administration as a weapon to gain power is example of the DA’s desperation.
That desperation, and the need for Machiavellian plots, possibly confirms that the DA is in financial trouble.
Inside, it has become factionalised, those believing in a more equal distribution of power in South Africa versus a small cabal of albumen white folk who believe that their control is unquestionable. However, the former group drips into the same gooey mess because it hopelessly desires influence and thus doesn’t address the corruption within. Salaries seem to have bought Refiloe Ntsekhe and Bonginkosi Madikizela as window dressing.
The DA has become like all major parties, selfish and unaccountable. Without the rights of citizens being put first, it cannot be an opposition party, only the little brother of National Government, wanting to come of age so it can drive the car. But having built all roads to end at the edge of a Table Mountain cliff, that’s not going to happen. The DA is crashing.
Substantiating my belief that there isn’t a single person with integrity in the DA’s fake, larger leadership, take note that I’ve regularly reported corruption to 139 of them – ONE-HUNDRED-AND-THIRTY-NINE. Under PRECCA, the Prevention and Combating of Corrupt Activities Act, many belong in jail. The latest bigweight to not help after I called was DA Federal Executive Michael Waters.
Here’s the latest emailed questions that Helen Zille, James Selfe, Anton Bredell, Alan Winde and their gang have failed to answer. Yes, John Moodey, Nomafrench Mbombo, Mbali Ntuli and others received this too – it’s overdue for them to admit that they’re bribed with salaries to be silent about white-collar crime.
THE LETTER ABOUT SEDITION
Subject: DA sedition & cover-up: COGTA & EFF queries / my own queries
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 15:53:39 +0200
From: Michael Hampton <email@example.com>
To: WC Local Govt Head – Graham Paulse <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DA FedEx Chair Helen Zille <email@example.com>
CC: Premier Alan Winde Comms – Faiza Steyn <Faiza.Steyn@westerncape.gov.za>, DA WC Liar Bonginkosi Madikizela <Bonginkosi.Madikizela@westerncape.gov.za>, DA Federal Legal Commission – Glynis Breytenbach <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DA Federal Legal Commission Head – Nicholas Gotsell <email@example.com>, DA Fedex – Mark Waters <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mike Wood <email@example.com>, DA WC Federal Finance Chair Dion George <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DA Federal Women’s Leader Nomafrench Mbombo <Nomafrench.Mbombo@westerncape.gov.za>, DA FedEx & DA Spokesperson Refiloe Ntsekhe <Refiloen@da.org.za>, email@example.com, DA MEC Local Government – Anton Bredell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DA Fedex – Mark Waters <email@example.com>, Ivan.Meyer@westerncape.gov.za, DA Youth Leader Luyolo Mphithi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dear Helen Zille, the DA Federal Executive and Federal Legal Commission, Western Cape Premier Alan Winde and Head Local Government Graham Paulse, and DA Western Cape Leader Bonginkosi Madikizela. As they are mentioned herein, I will forward this to DA Head Local Governance Unit James Selfe and Western Cape MEC Local Government Anton Bredell.
This important matter of sedition and cover-up involves both the Democratic Alliance (DA) and the Western Cape Government (which, in practice, are illegally acting as the same entity).
This is with reference to my exposure of the secret recording and the National Assembly COGTA session that Premier Alan Winde (DA) participated in last night, 23 June 2020. So that related video links are not possibly blocked by your server, I’ve put them into the accompanying pdf.
Government and Politicians are supposed to be separate. The latter is meant to act as oversight over the former. They are not meant to be collaborators. Despite that, you are the same interest group in this matter. But in the spirit of the law, these questions should be answered independently. Please respond by 11am tomorrow, 24 June 2020. Considering my previous queries, you’ve had plenty time to assess the topic.
I add this intro so that you’re aware of the gravity of my questions.
A coup d’état can only be legally applied to the overthrow, or attempted overthrow, of the State i.e. South Africa. When used to describe what happened in Oudtshoorn, and what’s seemingly ongoing in other towns in the district, it can only be a metaphor. However, criminal conspiracy is defined as ” an agreement between two or more people to commit a crime or to perpetrate an illegal act.”
The plot to subversively get control of a Local Government will contravene PRECCA, the MFMA and PFMA. Additionally: “Sedition consists in unlawfully gathering, together with a number of people, with the intention of impairing the majestas of the state by defying or subverting the authority of its government, but without the intention of overthrowing or coercing that government.” (South African Criminal Law and Procedure).
There is obviously breech of the Code of Ethics.
ADMINISTRATION AS A DA WEAPON FOR POLITICAL PROFIT
COGTA Committee member Khanya Ceza (EFF) read aloud the transcript of the secret recording of Western Cape MEC Anton Bredell plotting to overthrow the Oudtshoorn Local Government. The recording should be listened to in its entirety but I especially draw your attention to:
- Opening line: “Now, I know some of you are going to be shocked, I’m going to put a proposal on the table.” The town was previously put under administration by Bredell, the DA took over, kept it in a mess, and it’s seemingly in crisis again. Being put under administration wouldn’t shock any councillors. The only reason to be shocked is because one of the most influential people in the DA and province is proposing an illegal plot.
- Extraordinary for any town that goes under administration, Bredell offers the failed DA councillors full salary if they go along with his plan. That cannot be construed as anything but a bribe.
- Continuous to that, he says: “I think that it’s very important that the benefit of this will be to make your hands a bit loose, to go back to your communities, because what we pick up in the research is that there’s a gap between the Councillors and the Communities.” That means that the councillors will no longer be paid with taxpayers’ funds to be councillors but to be marketers for the DA. That’s fruitless and wasteful expenditure and, arguably, theft. Was similar plan proposed to the towns of George and Knysna by Bredell and his agents, this quasi-administration wherein no one gets punished and some get rewarded? It cannot be coincidence that the DA has been purging contrary DA members whilst seeking to put three towns in the Garden Route Municipality under fake administration. That’s beyond coincidence into plan of attack, the abuse of Publicly funded Government resources for political profit.
- The finale was: “So that can help us, I think can help us, rebuild our [DA] brand, so that we can get the votes, 2021, to govern for the next 5 years.” His intention is clear – he will illegally use his powers as the Western Cape head of Local Government to give the DA an election advantage.
Please confirm and address this disturbing background:
- The DA connection: James Selfe was at that meeting. He was the longest running Federal Chair for the DA, considered to be, or to have been, the most powerful man in the DA. His Chair was recently taken by Helen Zille who was Western Cape Premier, and thus Anton Bredell and Alan Winde’s previous boss. Winde is DA. Selfe is now the manager of the DA’s Governance Unit which interacts with local municipalities outside Public view. Bredell is the Western Cape Chair of the DA.
- During Apartheid, Selfe was a Lieutenant Colonel in the SANDF. He became PFP then DP. Bredell was the commander of the SANDF unit in Oudtshoorn. Bredell was National Party. The final amalgamation was the DA. I mention this because this plotting has an Apartheid-era dirty tricks vibe.
- Zille, Selfe, Winde, the DA and the Western Cape Government did not act against Bredell for his approval of the ISDF tender that was illegally awarded to property developers to plan Knysna’s 30-year future. Nor did they punish him for his related perjuries to the Western Cape Legislature. Although major, it’s only a fraction of the crimes that have been allowed in the area by the DA Federal Executive.
- Notably, the small town of Knysna’s last three DA Constituency Officers were: Dion George (DA Fedex), Helen Zille (now DA Fedex Chair) and Alan Winde (now Premier). The current DA Council Leader, Michelle Wasserman, wasn’t a participant in the elections but instead deployed by the DA leadership. She was recently one of the main figures in creating the recent crisis that aimed for the Western Cape Government to takeover the town.
- [this was not included in the letter – Previously, Zille, Bredell and Winde threatened to sue me]
Over 10 years ago, the DA was accused of sedition in Bitou Municipality (Garden Route District). It was alleged that MECs were involved. The investigating officer was transferred and the file went missing. The man accused of fomenting instability was Memory Booysen. He became the DA’s first black mayor, and was then promoted to Mayor of the Garden Route District Municipality. He will not respond to my complaints against the DA. His MAYCO has included two DA criminals, Eleanore Spies and Rowan Spies – I exposed the investigations the DA had buried.
Eleanore Spies has since been promoted by the DA to the National Assembly and is currently the Constituency Officer for Oudtshoorn.
- Referring to the COGTA videos, why did Winde not directly answer the question by Khanya Ceza? Why, instead, did he waffle on about other issues as if it was justification for Bredell’s action, and then fail to explain how it was?
- That was reminiscent of Bonginkosi Madikizela dodging, for half an hour, every serious issue I presented on Cape Talk. It’s exactly what Bredell did in the Legislature regarding the ISDF and, this week, in the Media regarding Oudtshoorn. Why does the DA refuse to be accountable even though it built its reputation on mantras such as accountability?
- Considering the blatant sedition in the recording and transcript, emphasised by my bullet points above, how can Winde not be considered to be part of a cover-up, protecting his DA buddy?
- Is it true that Winde was aware of the plan, thus a participant in the plot, and is now implicating himself further through the start of a cover-up? Whether one or more options is applicable, is he then not also guilty of sedition?
- Why has Winde and the DA FedEx not responded to my previous queries? Is that evidence that he and the DA have something to hide?
- What truth do you have to share that isn’t covered above?
As I’ve previously sent you my blogging about what happened in Knysna, and the GOOD Party has detailed what’s happening in George, I won’t go into detail about them. As the common thread is the DA and the Western Cape Local Government, it would seem implausible that these attempts to put the towns under administration are unconnected, especially with that damning Oudtshoorn recording in evidence.
The irony is that the DA is admitting that it’s clean governance claim has failed spectacularly in those towns it seeks to control for another 5 years.
You are encouraged to explain your actions against the People of the Western Cape. Your silence, and ban against me, only does you further harm by creating suspicion.
As the EFF’s representative in COGTA has serendipitously mentioned the plot against Oudtshoorn within a few days of COGTA Chair Minister Faith Muthambi calling for a forensic audit of Knysna, I will submit this and more to both.
This is #Day 5 of my 100 Days of Activism against Corruption.