This is an incredibly tough period of my life. I would be a liar if i didn’t admit that i sometimes get scared. I do this because i believe that Knysna is a town to love and a place worth fighting for. Believe in freedom of speech. Think for yourself!
I am working on a comprehensive, legal document that will fully explain the corruption in Knysna to national government. There’s so much to it and so much evidence that it’s like writing a book… except that it’s made more difficult considering the politics involved.
It requires most of time so i’m finally honouring my long-awaited intention to leave online for most of the rest of the year. I have scheduled a few posts ahead of time, including a daily joke, and i may pop in for an important, rare moment but, overall, i’ll be absent, even my phone turned off… but don’t think me gone… the politicians sure won’t because they and their friends will likely keep trying to drown me in court cases.
They may be winning defamation cases against me but if you’re a local, ask yourself if they have given us satisfactory answers, if any answers at all, to:
1. The millions that were wasted at Knysna Tourism and why public funds were illegally used to fill the hole. Why was the Board retained? Why were key characters given control of the new, much bigger organisation, Knysna & Partners?
2. Why is there a grant-in-aid committee but the only grant-in-aid they don’t deal with relates to Knysna Tourism?
3. How could the ISDF, the plan for our future, be given the green light considering the enormous conflicts of interest and people who are involved?
4. Why have we never been told who exactly benefited from the R30-million public debt that was written off?
5. Why have we never been given the final figure and the breakdown of the office upgrades for the DA and some municipal staff?
6. Why did the Knysna Municipality illegally ban my emails and my being given answers? Why has no one being held accountable?
There are so many more questions. Keep asking them. Don’t forget the issues because i believe that they rely on us getting tired and letting things go. Don’t let go!