This email to Mayor Eleonore Bouw-Spies, Speaker Georlene Wolmarans and others is about the alleged illegal occupation of a Director post in the Knysna Municipality.
My suspicions may be emphasised by the DA and the Knysna Municipality’s failure to respond but the fact is that this situation has yet to be confirmed. Accordingly, for now, I’m removing the name of the Director in question.
Subject: Query: Qualifications of Director (name withheld)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 08:10:12 +0200
From: Love Knysna – Mike <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Organization: Love Knysna!
To: Out There – Fran Kirsten <email@example.com>, KM Communications – Christopher Bezuidenhoudt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
CC: DA – Georlene Wolmarans <email@example.com>, DA – Eleonore Bouw-Spies <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I’m dividing this query into two parts so that you can quickly respond to the first. Even quicker considering I gave a heads-up to the municipality in an email yesterday.
The second part will be for a possible follow-up. How long will it take for me to receive the information?
- Does Director (name withheld) have the relevant competencies required for his position i.e. NQF7?
- If yes, please supply details of the qualification.
- What is the cost of his total package for 2016/2017?
If the answer is no, these questions and requests apply:
- Did any of the other candidates have an NFQ7?
- Who was the staff member providing secretarial services during the selection process and the interviews? Provide a copy of his/hers Declaration of Confidentiality.
- Provide a copy of the report wherein the validity of the candidate’s qualifications was determined.
- Quoting from the MFMA, within 14 days of the decision referred to in subregulation (2), a written report has to be submitted to the MEC for local government regarding the appointment process and outcome. The report contemplated in subregulation (3)(b) must contain – proof of qualifications. Provide a copy of that report.
- Provide the minutes for the Council Meeting at which he (name withheld) was appointed as Director?
- How did Councillors vote on the matter?
- Why did Mayor Georlene Wolmarans approve the recommendation from then Municipal Manager Lauren Waring (i require her own words)?
- Provide a copy of Wolmarans written report on the outcome of the screening process (it has to be compiled by the mayor).
- Who in Province signed off on the Director’s (name withheld) appointment?
- This is the second appointment of Waring’s that was illegal, the first being Grant Easton as CFO. Arguably, if Easton had never been CFO he’d never have become a suspended Municipal Manager under investigation. How is the Administration and Council (separate actions) going to address these faulty appointments?
- What has the Municipality done to check all staff’s NFQ levels?
Thank you in advance for your speedy cooperation.
NB: The Director in question was also emailed. He too has failed to respond.