- ISDF Interaction Meeting – Mayor Georlene Wolmarans disrupts meeting and refuses public interaction.
- ISDF showcase at library – they change the time by 1 hour so several of us could not stay for the new time they had failed to inform us of.
- Council Meeting November – 10 minutes into the meeting, they hold a closed session for 45 minutes and tell us to come back later which some of us, obviously, could not do (why not have the closed session at the rear of the Council Meeting?).
- Mayor Meeting December – arrived to find it cancelled without notification.
- Helen Zille refuses to answer a single question at the DA ‘rally’ at The Lofts.
- Alan Winde promises me to get me the detailed budgets of Knysna Tourism that i’ve been requesting for 33 months. He hasn’t.
- I ask for public council meeting minutes and agendas and i’m sent a PAIA (Promotion to Information Act) form. I ask Jill Lackay to provide me the law that stops them from simply emailing me public notes and i’m bounced to Carl Mattheus, the Manager of Administration. 14 days later, he’s yet to respond.
- Special Council Meeting called mid February postponed due to missing attachments.
- [added 1pm, 5hrs after posting this blog] DA added massive supplementary items (late afternoon yesterday) to the Special Council meeting held today at 9am. It included budget changes as well as changing the service level agreement of Knysna Tourism and giving them another R4million. Not only were the public not informed but even councillors were unable to understand (let alone consult) on the items overnight. Result – Tourism changes and budget passed without a single question!
Is this the good administration Knysna was promised???