The first Dominee to live here, until 1864, was Ds. de Rouxbaix, who was then succeeded by Ds. M.C. Botha where his son, well known archivist, Colin Graham Botha, was born.
It has been enlarged over the years, an extra storey added with the thatch roof replaced in 1881, and the north and south facing verandas have been closed in.
No longer used as the parsonage, the building was used as girl’s hostel for a few years, after the building was sold to Jacobus Jonker, the furniture manufacturer, in 1952.
It’s now utilized as overnight accommodation.