It was Frank Sinatra who said, “Orange is the happiest colour”. It’s time, once again, to drive our town that very colour! The Slow Festival is just 6 weeks away and organizers are hoping that shop owners, businesses and individuals have already started to plan their creative ORANGE décor. Last year our town made a lasting and happy impression on ALL who visited or passed through and certainly communicated a unified message ‘this town is on a mission’, ‘something fun is happening here’.
It is always powerful when people work to create something special TOGETHER! Together we created amazing exposure for our town, our businesses, our brand. This year we’d like to achieve even more exposure! Last year, Sedgefield and the Slow Festival received approximately R8.2 Million in PR & media exposure. Who says we can’t beat that this year!
To dangle the extra proverbial ORANGE carrot to see how ORANGE you can go, the EDGE and Slow Festival organizers are running the EDGE Get Orange Competition once again this year.
YOU, the shop owner/ business manager has been tasked with entering your business into this year’s competition. And YOU, the individual, will also be in charge of voting! The competition will be run through the Slow Festival facebook page. The best 3 will be chosen by anonymous judges who will take into consideration the amount of orange used, the ‘out of box’ thinking (we are looking for fresh and zany ideas this year), the effort made (including staff dress up and participation) and the number of facebook votes.
How will this work? It will be quite easy actually thanks to modern technology. Once you are happy with your orange creation, you should email/ sms/ whatsapp a photo of your shopfront dressed in orange to the organisers who will load it onto the Slow Festival Facebook page (Do NOT send it to the EDGE team).
Here follows a step by step guide of how to ENTER:
- Take your photo.
- Email your photo, name/business name, contact number & what competition your entry is for to firstname.lastname@example.org OR sms/whatsapp to 072 042 4131 (NOTE: ALL Photos will be uploaded ONCE a day in the evenings).
- Go to www.facebook.com/slowfestival.co.za and like the Slow Festival page.
- Open the Photo Album titled by the competition you have entered eg. EDGE Get Orange Competition
- Find your photo and ‘Tag’ yourself
- ‘Like’ your photo and tell your friends to vote for your photo.
What can you win? The top 3 ORANGE businesses will win an ad in The EDGE newspaper – compliments of The EDGE whose motto is: ‘local is lekker!’
- 1st Prize: Half page colour ad valued at R3180 & a Spar hamper (value R500)
- 2nd Prize: Quarter page colour ad valued at R2100
- 3rd Prize: Eighth page colour ad valued at R1116. In addition to this there is a fabulous prize for the staff member who makes the most effort to turn their shop orange AND a spot prize for one person who voted on Facebook.
Ultimately each and every one who participates is a winner! By taking part in the competition you create additional exposure for your business!
Complete details of how to take part in EDGE Get Orange competition and additional Marketing Exposure are listed in the letter which will be distributed to businesses during the Town Drive taking place during this last week of February. Slow Festival Committee members will visit Sedgefield Businesses. If you are based outside of Sedgefield but would like to benefit from our marketing campaign, please email email@example.com to receive more info and an advert booking form.
What are the deadline dates?
- EDGE Get Orange Competition: All the Facebook competitions opened on Thursday 12th February 2015 at 12pm midday and will close on Sat 4th April 2015. Voting may continue until midnight on Sat 4th April 2015 and winners will be announced on Facebook and Twitter on Sun 5th April 2015 by 11am. Winners will be asked to claim their prizes at 3pm on the Village Green after the Easter Street Parade (no show, no prize).
- Ad bookings: 26 Feb, 5pm is deadline booking for adverts.
Your business can profit from Slow Festival before it even starts…. You can stock orange materials for all the wonderful creations people are going to make – orange plastic, balloons, paint, ribbon, flowers, balls, hats, t-shirts and more.
The sooner you have the picture of your business on the Slow Festival facebook page, the longer people can vote for your business. SO….On your marks… get set… be happy and GO ORANGE!