There’s been a major anthropological discovery in the sandstone caves of Coney Glen on the coast of Knysna. 20cm below the surface of what was an ancient fireplace, the distant ancestors of the Knysna Pipe Band were discovered. The bones of this photo carbon date back to 1897, a period previously thought to only be capable of one-man bands.
It’s a weekend so fun is required 🙂
Thanks to the Millwood House Museum, care of the Knysna Historical Society, for providing the photo of the Knysna Town Band (above) and this 1909 picture of the Knysna Brass Band: