Capital projects of R45 million includes R6.7 million for water infrastructure, R10 million for sewerage infrastructure, R1.5 million for roads & storm water infrastructure, and R6 million for housing projects (excluding the top structures, reflected in the operating budget).
Funding for capital is by means of government grants and subsidies R25.5 million, external loans R8.8 million and internally generated funds of R 10.4 million.
The operational budget stands at R499 million, the largest expenditures by Electricity (34%), Technical (23%) and Community (17%) Services.
The following tariff changes are proposed for the 2012/2013 financial year:
- Property rates to increase by 0 % (domestic) & 15% (non-domestic)
- Water by 6% (domestic\business)
- Refuse by 3% (domestic\non-domestic)
- Sewerage by 6% (domestic\non–domestic)
- The electricity increase is an average of 13%, but this varies widely depending on the type of consumer and meter connection.
Download the full info – Knysna Budget 2012-2013.
All public comments are to reach the Municipal Manager at the Clyde Street Offices on or before 27 April 2012. E-mail email@example.com.