Knysna is the most amazing town in South Africa. You should keep this in mind when considering working here. This is a town, not a city. There are no traffic jams. We have hundreds of kilometres of forest surrounding us. We’re kept company by an estuary and lakes. Our shoreline offers vastly different beaches so that standing in different places will feel like standing in different countries. We’re small but fill of beautiful contrasts. This is a place for you to bring your family to live long term.
Knysna strives towards rendering a high quality service to all its residents and is fully committed to a policy of Employment Equity.
Negotiable between R768 305 and R987 820 per annum (possible negotiation with the successful candidate on the above package after referral to the MEC).
Contract period negotiable:
The successful incumbent will be the Chief Financial Officer (Director: Finance) of the Knysna Municipality and will manage the entire Finance Directorate.
- Responsible for the preparation and the control of the budget.
- Ensure compliance with all sections of the MFMA, other financial Legislation and Regulations.
- Preparation of annual financial statements according to prescribed standards
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of the Supply Chain Management system consistent with the legislative framework.
- Ensure that the Budget and Medium Term Revenue and Expenditure Framework of the Municipality are aligned to the five-year IDP of the Municipality.
- Lead and manage the Finance Directorate currently composed of Budget Office, Income, Supply Chain Management and Information Technology departments.
In order to meet the needs of the Knysna Municipality, the successful applicant will conform to the following requirements:
- B Com (Hons) degree in the fields of Accounting, Finance or Economics at an acceptable institution and a Certificate in Municipal Finance Management (SAQA Qualification ID No 48965) for Chief Financial Officers of Municipalities, as is provided for in Regulation GN R493, dated 15 June 2007 or a Chartered Accountant.
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience at a senior and middle management level, of which
at least 2 years must be at senior management level.
- Experience in a municipal finance environment will be an added advantage.
- A proven institutional transformation record in the public or private sector.
- The required core competencies as stipulated in Annexures A and B of the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers, Government Notice 21 in Government Gazette 37245, dated 17 January 2014.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation.
- Advanced understanding of institutional governance system.
- A proven track record of budget and finance management.
- Ability to be an innovative and strategic leader.
- Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Local Government experience, preferably on the senior level, would be an added advantage.
- Valid driver’s licence and NO criminal record.
Deadline for Applications – September 27
044 302 6333 or e-mail: email@example.com
Knysna, the Prettiest Town in South Africa