To this end, the Knysna Municipality has taken several measures to ensure the safety of its residents and holiday makers during the upcoming summer holiday season.
- Do enjoy the beaches and public amenities.
- Do respect the property and privacy of homeowners in the areas where you party.
- Don’t drink alcohol and drive.
- Don’t drink alcohol on beaches and at public amenities.
- Place lifeguards at beaches.
- Have extra fire fighters on duty.
- Have extra traffic and law enforcement officers on duty.
- Enforce all municipal bylaws strictly without exception.
- Work together with the SAPS, neighbourhood watch and private security to maximise public safety.
WE WILL NOT ALLOW:
- Busses in areas of limited space.
- Tents or overnighting on public land.
- Loud music from private sound systems in public spaces.
- Waterside revelling to spill onto the properties of private homes.
- Drunkenness and associated unruly behaviour in streets and public places.
Blue Flag beaches have proven short and long term benefits including increased property values and tourism. We have two Blue Flag beaches this year, Buffalo Bay and Brenton-on-Sea. Please respect the conditions of this international accolade, which applies from 1 December 2012 to 31 January 2013. Normal access routes may be used to both beaches.
- Please walk dogs outside designated spaces before 9am and after 5pm.
- Pet-friendly zone Brenton: 300 metres west of the second lifesaving flag.
- Pet-friendly zone Buffalo Bay: east of the last beach residence.
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times.
Please clean up after dogs and dispose of poop bags in the correct bins.
We thank all holidaymakers and locals in advance for your cooperation regarding the public use of facilities. The Knysna Municipality supports and encourages the responsible use of public beaches and amenities. However, it cannot be at the expense of people’s safety, privacy and property. We appeal to every individual to consider the greater good of our town and our people so that our visitors and locals will have a great time, and will want to return to our beautiful beaches and amenities.
As issued by the Knysna Municipality.