This is an audio recording of Knysna Fire Chief Clinton Manuel threatening me, Mike Hampton, 6 weeks after the Knysna Fire in which I lost my possessions.
This was the second time he’d threatened me.
I post this audio because I heard that Manuel, behind the scenes, denied threatening me. I want to prove 100% that he did and that he doesn’t deserve to be head of the Knysna Fire Department. In fact, he should be banned from being a fireman in South Africa.
- I’d already laid a complaint against Manuel for threatening me. That provides context and continuity to Manuel hovering over me in the corner of a room after I’ve made it clear i want him to leave.
- Why would Manuel ask if he was being threatening or intimidating if he was being only there to be polite. Those are not words that comfortably sit with hello and how are you. The only reason for him to do so was to be threatening and intimidating.
- I told told him to leave me alone. Manuel said, “You don’t leave me alone which is why I don’t leave you alone” which further shows that he wasn’t there to be friendly.
- Manuel said: “If you write crap about me, be prepared that I’m going to confront you any time.” Again, he wasn’t there to be nice. He was trying to intimidate me.
- “I’ve also got a history that you will never uncover.” He was being arrogant, smug in his wrongness.
- I responded that, “We’ll meet in Court.” because we were supposed to and I wanted to be civilised. Manuel said, “No we won’t, we’ll meet in the street…. That’s where the playing fields are leveled, on the street.” That could only be interpreted as threat.
Here, in September 2017, I shared with readers the complaint (https://wp.me/p1z0hX-2Cm) that I sent to many that included Premier Helen Zille, MEC Anton Bredell, MEC Alan Winde, Knysna DA Mayor Eleanore Spies and Knysna ACDP Councillor Shakespeare Arends.
None have responded to that and other complaints. The only reasonable explanation why politicians and government officials will not do so is because they support the continued intimidation of me for exposing the corruption they’re involved in. The DA’s role in threats and propaganda has been particularly disappointing. The ACDP must be in cahoots for their crumbs of power.
This fire story is part of a much bigger story which can be viewed at ‘Helen Zille Won’t Respond: Knysna Fire & Intimidation Complaint’. and ‘The DA’s Fire Disaster – Another Damning Report’. Additionally, it’s my belief that the seeds of this particular story began with a cover-up in Cape Town. The situation in Knysna is just the latest chapter.
In the recording, Fire Chief Clinton Manuel ominously said, “I’ve got a history that you will never uncover.” Why isn’t government uncovering it for the safety of us citizens?
You can comment Love Knysna Facebook post.