GOVERNMENT JOBS: Would you like to gain work experience in the public service? Then look no further than the Western Cape Government! Apply for our programme and we can make gaining work experience in the Public Service Better Together.
APPLY FOR THE PAY PROJECT
Our Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) programme will provide 750 matriculants from the class of 2016 with work and training from 1 April 2017 until 31 March 2018.
Is this you?
- You’re between the ages of 18 and 24.
- You’ve written and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in 2016 in the Western Cape.
- You’re not going to study further in 2017.
- You’re a South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- You have no support network to help you make informed career choices.
- You’re not sure of your next step after school.
- You’re financially constrained.
If your answer is “yes” to all of the above, the government jobs of the PAY project is for you!
What will you achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
Make it happen
- Applications open 3 January 2017
- To apply, go to Western Cape Government e-recruit page and complete the online application form.
- You’ll need to attach your CV and a copy of your ID when submitting your online application.
- You’ll be asked to write a brief statement about yourself regarding your:
- key skills and abilities,
- key achievements and experiences, and
- career objectives.
- The closing date for applications is 20 January 2017
- If you don’t have an email address, create one at a free email site like Gmail. You will need it to apply.
- You have to register first before you can apply.
- Once you have registered successfully, you’ll receive a username and password.
- Use the username and password to login and complete the application.
- Please save your username and password in a secure place so that you are able to access it should you need to.
- Find out more by reading our Recruitment Guide.
We’ll be verifying each applicant’s National Senior Certificate (NSC) results with the Western Cape Education Department as well as any other relevant documentation.
Applicants will only be appointed once they’ve passed a security check, which includes having their fingerprints taken.
Applicants must ensure that they open bank accounts before undergoing personnel security check.
Applicants must also ensure that they register with SARS to obtain a tax number before the personnel security check.
APPLY FOR THE PAY PROJECT
Online Application Page
If you experience any difficulty in applying,
please contact the Support Team at 0861 145 465.