They offer an original take on well known songs from a variety of genres including blues, classic vocal jazz and folk. From “Fever” to Eric Clapton’s “Layla”, The Beatles “Let it Be” and many more. This showcase of amazing talents is an unforgettable musical experience.
As an accompaniment to the show, Die Gieter will not only provide guests with an intimate setting but also a beautifully prepared 5-course meal. The set menu for the evening is:
- Amuse-Bouche – a Handmade Matured Cheddar Scone with Biltong Dust
- Starter: Creamy Tomato soup with ‘pot’ bread
- “Mampoer Ponsie” (a surprisingly refreshing alcoholic fruit punch in a shot glass)
- Mains: Three of Grandma’s Best: a pancake filled bobotie mince, a golden ‘vetkoek’ filled with pickled fish and a venison parcel served with mashed potatoes and vegetables
- Dessert: a Trio of dessert: a mini koeksister, milk tart and cape brandy pudding
- To end: a mini individual cheese platter
Please note that variations to the meals are possible to accommodate vegetarians – please let Dalene know.
The price of the show, including the meal, is R200. Bookings are essential as there are only 40 seats available inside. Meal orders available from 6:00pm and the music starts at 7:30pm.
Hope to see you all there.