Mark Allan gets banned twice by News24. This is after he arrogantly blogged that, “My guess is that [Wicked Mike] has issued an ultimatum to News 24 to ban me and he is now wondering why they too are ignoring him.” Failing to learn his lesson, he starts a second profile and blogs, “And no they are not going to ban me at News24.com,” after which they ban him again. Here’s what happened…
Mark Allan finally reveals himself but not before using one more false identity, that of Gerald Turner which, strangely, he also uses to advertise the Friday Night Market in Knysna.
Allan extends his attacks against me to the News24.co.za website where I’ve reposted my ‘Hear No Evil, See No Evil‘ article. On News24, you login via your Facebook profile. I made an argument for defamation which the News24 editor agreed with and thus they removed the offending comments and banned the Gerald Turner profile.
After the banning of his Gerald Turner profile, in which Mark Allan had angrily admitted his real identity in the comments section after I deliberately provoked him into doing so, he began posting comments as himself i.e. Mark Allan. Note that:
- This was the first time he has used his real name in 22 months of defamation against me.
- His Facebook profile is empty which means that it was set up purely to be used as a commenting profile against me on News24.
- A staff member at News24 confirmed this with: “He sets up profiles purely to pass ‘commentary’ on articles that you publish, and has no interest in engaging elsewhere on News24.”
- On part 4 of the ‘Hear No Evil, See No Evil’ article posted on News24, Mark Allan made 7 comments, an excessive amount aimed at undermining my credibility. This included the following statements about me:
- “[He] has a personal agenda and like those he criticises he will duck difficult questions.” I have not ducked questions. The only person I’ve chosen not to answer is Mark Allan because of his defamation campaign.
- Allan again quotes me out of context, ironically from a blog where I committed to transparency by sharing Tourism responses. I also explain why it was wrong and how it was a lie, however, Allan, does not include that but instead twists a section so as to further my character assassination: “I am somewhat confused with your approach. You manage to publicly attack those you have not even met or had the decency and courtesy to make contact with. Then you express anger when you do not get a response to your outbursts. A simple telephonic or e-mail invite to me would have resulted in a response.” The reality is that I’d told the Tourism Board that I would only meet with them if they presented the Tourism budget breakdown as was my right to request as a Tourism member.
- I said, “Waring was using shock tactics and shifting the blame for her intentionally poor handling of the ISDF onto organizations representing thousands of ratepayers”. Mark Allan uses it to insinuate that I lied by saying, “Mike this is just not true. Knysna does not have organisations representing “the ratepayers”. And whilst there are some that are mumbling and muttering it is certainly not in the thousands. You are stretching things a bit here. Massaging the facts?” The full paragraph, in context, reads as follows:’Lauren Waring pops up everywhere as the stick in the mud. In the Knysna-Plett Herald she took the immoral path of belittling objectors and lying about their role. She called them a small “a small, yet vocal group of residents” who were “short-sighted and (that this) could have dire implications for the average person on the street” and that the taxpayer would have to pay if they lost the R110 000 000 grant from National Government. Waring was using shock tactics and shifting the blame for her intentionally poor handling of the ISDF onto organizations representing thousands of ratepayers. Wendy Dewberry, of the Noetzie Conservancy, pointed out Waring’s error by saying “Knysna residents have the right to object legally, according to Section 49 of the Municipal Supply Chain and we are not a small group. We are mostly official and custodial groups for the environment for Knysna, conservancies, Knysna Environmental Forums, civic groups and politicians included. That they are fobbing the objections off in this manner is possibly illegal. Government does not offer funds for a narrow window period, and there have been more qualified tenders which should have been chosen in the interest of Knysna. By these comments, Ms Waring appears to be under the impression that the people who pay her salary will fall for such inaccuracies, but she should know that we are educated and care significantly about the future of our town. She had much grace from the public over the appalling lagoon debacle which was never accurately reported. Her environmental track record speaks for itself.”'[It is also important to note that the same organisation, the Knysna Ratepayer’s Association, that Mark Allan says doesn’t exist is the same one he says “elbowed me out”.
- Mark Allan attempts to hammer the falsehood of the previous point home with, “So no those structures you talk so blithely about hardly exist. Ms Waring gets us a little closer to the truth.” The fact is that Knysna has many organisations which are not limited to 3 environmental organisations and ratepayers organisations such as East Head, Leisure Isle, Thesen Island, Belvidere, Brenton, Buffalo Bay, Sedgefield and Noetzie. There is also a Knysna Ratepayers’ Association whose committee i resigned from.
- In Mark Allan’s 6th comment, he again tries to hammer home that I’m a liar with, “Not the poison and half-truths you are dishing up day after day, week after week.” He supplies no substantiation to this claim.
- The 7th comment again uses an example out of context which is from a letter from Mayor Georlene Wolmarans to me. The only reason why the defendant is aware of its contents is that i shared it online and explained, with examples, how the Mayor had lied. The defendant fails to present me as the source and both sides.
- I revealed an internet criminal, South Africa’s second-biggest spammer and likely fraudster, through an article called ‘South Africa’s Great Spammer…or is that Scammer?’ At 3590 words, it was detailed. The defendant chose to totally ignore the content and instead accuse me of being the internet criminal as well as harp on about unrelated issues so as to disparage me. In it, he blames me for the actions of the criminal i exposed and goes so far as to say that he will oppose anything that I supports. He calls me a “troll” and a “bully”.
- He says: “I am afraid this is all your fault. And if I may be so bold as to quote from your post ‘Jaco Dercksen hasn’t changed a stitch over the years. His goal, when caught out, is to attack and put the blame on others. That makes him a bully.’ You too are a bully. You use your questionable skills to harass, intimidate and bully. You seek attention and don’t care what damage you do in the process. It must stop. Your insensitive self-seeking victimisation of Shaun van Eck turned me from being a cynical recluse into someone who would support fracking in the Diepwalle forest if I thought you were taking a stand against it. You have converted me from being a pessimistic denialist into a political activist with an agenda and intent to vote DA, just because I know it will get up your nose. All of this must stop. I am not the troll, you are. And Jaco Dercksen, in this case, is not the bully, you are.”
- Further on he says: “I watched as you stalked Shaun van Eck and insulted and offended everyone from Knysna Tourism through the Municipality and up to the Premier’s Office. You just shut your eyes and pull the trigger. Which might seem like fun to you. But there is a whole lot of collateral damage which you do not seem to care about. However, the fun bit does come with a high price. Is it really worth it just to keep feeding that self-esteem issue you have? And by the way, why do you use that term ‘Bad People’ so often? I find it incredibly creepy. It’s baby talk. Why did you leave Pietermaritzburg? Are you the open book you would like people to believe you are?”
- “You are drunk with power…You, however, are out of control. You are a cyber-bully and it must stop.”
My readers, this has been a journey of an article so far. Thanks to those of you who are still with me. The problem with the gross amount of time this saps is that it leaves less time to pursue the political problems in Knysna. Then again, this has revealed another baddie in Knysna who has hurt another before so maybe I can stop him from doing so to more by simply standing up for myself.
Tomorrow, we’ll discuss lawyers and try sum up. I can’t guarantee that as Mark Allan has yet to stop posting his bullshit but i prefer to concentrate on other matters until trial time.