- Online here.
- By SMSing your ID Number to 32810 (R1.00 per SMS).
- By calling 0800 11 8000 between 8am and 5pm today.
2. Check your voter registration details here.
3. Check where you must vote, especially if you have moved a short distance. Insert your address at this link. If your voting district has changed provincially, it will be too late to re-register change so you’ll not be able to vote on the provincial ballot but can on the national ballot.
4. You need to vote at the voting station where you’re registered to vote. If you are outside your voting district on Election Day, you may vote at another voting station in South Africa. If you’re outside the province where you’re registered, you’ll only be able to vote in the national election and not the provincial election (and you’ll be asked to complete a VEC 4 form at the voting station).
4. Voting stations are open from 7am to 5pm.
Not all parties contesting the national election are on the provincial lists. Check the provincial lists to see if your party of choice is there. Note that you could vote for one party nationally and a different one provincially. Don’t vote blindly. Know what your party is about and know your political stance.