Press release by the Land Party.
The Land Party is the humanistic vanguard of all the people of South Africa.
Our vision puts all communities first. The Land Party listens to the people and consistently represents all communities of South Africa. The Land Party believes in a South Africa that is inclusive and welcoming. A South Africa where everyone is looked after and 100% equal in all respects. A South Africa that has high quality health care and provides education for all, no matter your income or financial situation. A South Africa that protects its citizens, its people and the environment. A South Africa that plays an active role as global citizens. We must be a South Africa that tackles the ever growing gap between the rich and the poor as this is the only way we will win the fight against poverty and inequality.
A BETTER FUTURE
The Land Party endeavours to capture state power in such a way that it can build a strong, viable economic environment for all citizens.
The economy is central to our manifesto, and the backbone of the Land Party’s vision for building a stable South Africa for all. South Africa and its people have been brought to their knees by generations of slavery, colonialism, apartheid and corruption.
The current conditions of our people, particularly the destitute people and poor working class, have not changed much in this time. The corruption over the past 25 years under the current ruling government has worsened the situation. The apartheid government and the current elected democratic government have failed the people of South Africa. It is time for change. It is time for discipline. It is time for the people of South Africa to take control of their destinies and that of their country and not leave it up to politicians and businessmen.
The Land Party provides the only solution to resolve the current status quo and the opportunity to affect change that will create a better future for all South Africans.
The Land Party has a clear vision of what the future looks like. We aren’t afraid of innovation and we aren’t afraid of change. We know that to meet the challenges that lie ahead we will need the support of all South Africans. The politics of race have failed us, the politics of populism did not bring us freedom, and the politics of patronage did not bring us justice. Therefore we need a party that will not just bring change, but a party that will partner with all South Africans to bring solutions to our challenges.
The Land Party is the only party that will unite all South Africans regardless of colour, creed, religion or cultural beliefs. The Land Party will build a united South Africa and build patriotism among all citizens.
Democratic centralism is at the heart of our Party. We understand that we are in South Africa, and therefore, our guiding ideologies are always influenced and transformed in the context of South Africa. Our constitution will never be rigid or static, but evolve with the times and the needs of the people.
The Land Party draws influence from Marxism/Leninism, Mao Zedong thought and Chief Leader Thought with South African characteristics. We have learnt from the failures of previous lines of thought, and we have renewed and modernised the lines of thought that will work to grow South Africa’s economy and empower and uplift all the people of South Africa. We do not believe in rigid communism. Our guiding ideologies are adaptable with a distinct South African identity and culture and focused, always, on liberating the people of South Africa.
We seek to advance the culture of socialism in South Africa through democratic centralism, South African patriotism and unity, upholding the rights of the people and educating them on their rights, and, most importantly, through love for all people.
The Land Party Ideology was formed by young, dynamic and pragmatic social activists representing all races and cultural backgrounds. Vast amounts of research and collective wisdom has been put into the constitution to introduce a new era for South African politics. South Africa has a fairly short, but very complicated history, revealing many failures on the part of political leaders seeking only to enrich themselves and losing touch with the people.
The Land Party is a community driven organization and was formed by young and old political activists and community activists. It is the first communist party with distinct South African context, characteristics, tradition and culture to contest South Africa’s national general elections. It represents the modern evolution of communism that envisages South Africa as a global economic power house with less unemployment, illiteracy, crime, and corruption.
Our economic policy is sure to surprise and delight the nation as a radical but refreshing, modern, and practical solution to South Africa’s current economic woes. To fix South Africa, we need to fix the economy. This is what the LAND PARTY intends to do.
We have looked at the flaws and the best practice solutions of all ideologies – from Socialism, Communism, Capitalism and more. We were particularly interested in some of the economic policies deployed by one of our BRICS partners – namely China – that led to the emergence of China as a world economic force within a few short decades.
- The Land Party will change the constitution to strengthen private property rights.
- We will strengthen the independence of the Reserve Bank and lower the inflation target to 2%.
- We will investigate and support the use of new technologies, like blockchain for payment systems, asset registers and the like.
- We will dramatically alter the tax system by, amongst others, abolishing all taxes on capital, like capital gains tax, transfer duties, estate duties, etc.
- We will abolish our myriad of small and irritating taxes, like vehicle taxes and financial transaction taxes.
- We will increase the tax on fuel and reduce the number of personal income tax categories to only three. Personal income tax rates may have to be increased.
- We will reduce company income taxes and abolish taxes on dividends.
- We will establish an independent “Fiscal Board” implementing the Fiscal Credibility Rule, that uses VAT (by changing the VAT rate) as an instrument to assure balanced fiscal accounts over the economic cycle.
- We will scrap all exemptions to VAT – except for exports.
- Should certain groups require assistance, such as pensioners, we will help them through accessing the expenditure side of the budget.
- We will establish means to invest child grants directly into the child’s development and care, for example: introducing a Three Meal Scheme to the schooling system.
- We will increase the qualifying age for state pension gradually (say over 20 years) to 70 years of age.
- We will issue coupons to parents and allow them to decide themselves to which school they want to send their kids.
- We will provide student loans to the best students that want to further their studies overseas, and require them to repay these loans.
- We will reinstate education colleges and launch a project to make SA’s primary education system world class.
- We will declare a state of emergency for education, increase the length of school days, consider school on Saturdays and ban trade unions in education.
- We will allow state hospitals and clinics more autonomy and convert the department of health into state-funded medical funds for all. Once you reach your limit on your medical fund you will be required to go to a medical training facility for treatment, for “free”.
- We will place Eskom, SAA and the other state-owned parastatals under business rescue.
- We will take over their debt and enter into a public/private partnership.
- We will launch a programme to pay civil servants who prove their commitment to this country through hard work and dedication what they are worth.
- We will reduce the cabinet to a maximum of ten worthy and dedicated ministers. We will abolish irrelevant departments like sport, small business, women and so on.
- We will develop basic infrastructure for housing on state-owned land and transfer full title to the poor.
- We will sell other state land to fund this.
- We will build police stations out of glass. The people must SEE that the police is working and the police must be held accountable by the people they are serving.
- We will abolish all exchange control regulations and allow trustees greater discretion on investment decisions with no prescribed assets.
- We will change the government’s employers pension fund to a defined contribution fund and allow members to migrate to funds of their choice.
- Thereafter, we will abolish the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) – except for non-pension fund related functions.
- We will abolish the minimum wage and the unemployment insurance fund.
- We will abolish all forms of BEE and official race-based discrimination and replace it with a poverty development programme.
OUR MESSAGE TO SUPPORTERS
Our guiding principle is humanistic love for the people of South Africa, particularly the poorest of the poor. We are led by the heart and we will always remain grounded with the people. We will continue to live with the people, walk with the people, talk with the people and continuously ask and understand what makes them happy. We will take decisive action to fulfil that happiness.
Money or greed will never be a driving force for Party members. We are prepared to sacrifice ourselves entirely, down to our last cent, to serve the people of South Africa. Through strict discipline, strong, accountable leaders and bravery, we seek to create a Socialist South Africa that empowers and educates all citizens of South Africa to become self-sustainable.
We will work tirelessly to promote and protect the people we serve and always uphold democratic centralism and the people’s democracy.
We are not sexist, racist, homophobic or against any religion. We are anti-imperialism, we are anti-tribalism, and we are anti-nationalism. Our collective wisdom, heart and connection with the people will guide us consistently and constructively in carrying out action in the name of all the people of South Africa.
We are kind, courteous, loving and empathetic – always. We will always be accessible to the people and remain grounded and ready at all times to act and serve. We believe that through UNITY, this country can succeed at anything. It is the only party that truly puts the power in the hands of the people and that puts the economy first. It is the only party that offers solutions for the real, radical change needed to afford every single person in South Africa the opportunity to get on in life.
OUR ACTIONS WHEN ELECTED
When we are part of parliament, we plan to highlight the plight of the poor and most destitute people in South Africa.
We will push our ideas for economic reform to create a more prosperous and equitable society that benefits every South African citizen.
We have already created strong and viable programmes to uplift and empower the poorest communities in our country and provide more opportunities for them to create wealth and to become self-sustainable while actively contributing to our economy.
Through a people’s democracy, we will continue to let the people decide what needs to change and we will help them practically implement those changes through parliament.
On issues of land, we will fight for state-owned land to be released to the people and we will seek to implement programmes to build economically and ecologically sustainable eco-homes that incorporate infrastructure to grow food using renewable energy resources such as solar, wind and water power. A major focus will also be put on educating eco-home-owners on modern agricultural practices in order for them to not only feed their families but also to make an income from selling their produce.
We also plan to introduce programmes empowering people in the modern digital age we find ourselves in. Free wifi must be more widely available to all communities in order for them to benefit from the wealth of opportunity that is available online. We seek to educate people on creating and marketing online businesses in order to become self-sustainable without having to rely on transport or office/business infrastructure. Further to this, we will investigate and support the use of new technologies, like blockchain for payment systems, asset registers and the like.
In order to open up the economy and create opportunity and earning potential, we will lobby for investment in support, resources and education for businesses and specifically for co-operatives.
We will also fight for education in South Africa to be declared a state of emergency. We will seek to increase the length of school days, consider school on Saturdays and ban trade unions in education.
We will also push for Eskom, SAA and the other state-owned parastatals to be put under business rescue and for the state to take over their debt and enter into a public/private partnership. We will push to transform our energy systems, and seek to invest in new, state-of-the-art, low-carbon gas and renewable electricity production.
We plan to fight for the abolishment of all forms of BEE and official race-based discrimination and replace it with a poverty development programme.
We will push for the establishment of an independent “Fiscal Board” implementing the Fiscal Credibility Rule, that uses VAT (by changing the VAT rate) as an instrument to assure balanced fiscal accounts over the economic cycle. Further to this we plan to address the culture of tax avoidance through a Tax Transparency and Enforcement Programme, and close down tax loopholes.
We will work with involved administrations to bring forward an integrated trade and industrial strategy that boosts exports, investment and opportunities in South Africa. We will champion South Africa as a safe investment environment and work hard to remove the red tape discouraging international investment into our country.
We will develop apprenticeship and internship programmes to increase youth inclusion and upskilling.
We will fight to restructure the EPWP to ensure it serves as an effective starting block for people that are unskilled and/or unemployed to start being productive and gaining new skills focused on modern technology and science. We will reform the administration and implementation of the EPWP to ensure that support and resources are made available to empower people with freedom and opportunity to create wealth rather than simply using them for menial tasks.
We will put plans into place to expand the Gautrain project to other parts of the country to re-establish and revitalise our rail programme thereby creating easy, accessible and affordable transport for all. As part of these plans we will investigate rail electrification and expansion across the whole country, including to SADC countries like Botswana, Swaziland, Namibia, and Lesotho.
To find out more about the Land Party visit www.landparty.org.za.
You can comment on my related Facebook post.