‘Blog Host’ Wicked Mike presents religious morning news on this beautiful yet disturbing Sunday Morning: Boram, Angus Buchan, The Satanic Church and anal sex.
1. Greek Orthodox Bishop Neophytos Masouras (Cyprus) has discovered the cause of gay children – it’s because their sinful moms had anal sex. “A desire is created, which is then transmitted to the unborn child.”
2. Angus Buchan, the famous rain dancer, has seized upon the imagery of Cape Town’s running water to fly to drought stricken Northern Cape to pray for rain.
3. Magnolia Films is one of the best documentary companies in the world, responsible for ‘Capturing the Friedmans‘, ‘Man on Wire’, ‘Food Inc’, ‘Enron’, ‘Jesus Camp‘, ‘Zero Days‘, ‘Tickled‘ and ‘Black Fish’. If you haven’t watched those, you’ve missed out. Their latest release is ‘Hail Satan!’, and concerns the Satanic Temple’s fight for constitutional rights in the USA. It’ll somersault your preconceptions.
4. A city killing asteroid has narrowly missed earth. It was the size of the rock that destroyed 500,000 square acres of forest land in Siberia a century back. Named ‘Asteroid 2019 OK’, it was so close that it was only 20% of the distance from us to the moon. Although I understand that no astronomer warned us in time, I’m very disappointed that no cult was predicting the end of the world. The loonies are slipping.
Although I’m teasing with the truth, the following is what alarms me most. Consumerism has become religion. It already dismays me that most South Africans go to work and leave work so that they can watch soapies, reality shows and sport. This attitude of divorcing oneself from building a better future has become the worlds biggest religion… and we’re very good at it. Nothing symbolises that more than small children being taught to become their irresponsible parents.
5. A 6yr-old South Korean girl called Boram earns R44-million rand per month from the 30-million subscribers to her YouTube reality show. She recently bought a R114-million building in Seoul.
If I survive my protest against corruption, I’m going to radically lessen my online presence and walk more on the beach whilst increasing the search for meaningful people… and myself.