We would like to thank you all so very much for your efforts put into the Zumbathon of yesterday.
We had a turnout of 38 dancers who generously contributed in total R1900 to the Zumba Global Research Grant for Breast Cancer Prevention. The money will be sent to their bank account this week via internet transfer. We believe the entire event went smoothly and that all participants truly enjoyed it. Some have already asked us if we are planning the next one!
We are really proud of the people who participated.
We would like to thank:
- Knysna Mall for allowing us to use their space as well as organizing cleaning and advertisement on their Facebook page.
- Louise for your amazing speech about breast cancer and the importance of families/friends support. You touched our heart truly.
- Steve Holton for helping us with the sound system.
- Tin House bakery for their delicious and pretty cake.
- Oasis Water for giving and delivering the much needed water.
- Toys Factory for giving us a special discount for the pink balloons.
- The Knysna/Plett Herald for writing about us in this past week’s paper and also in the coming events section.
- Mike Hampton (aka Wicked Mike) for special efforts to advertise, write and speak out about our event through his Facebook page and website “Love Knysna”; and for also coming on the day.
- Stephen of Stepton Electrical and Sophies Properties for the four gifts baskets that were given to:
- Two best outfits
- Trying the hardest with no Zumba background
- To all our dancers and all the spectators that came to cheer for us.
Also know that on the same day, Cape Town Zumba reunited 800 of Zumba lovers at the same place to raise awareness of Abuse, Rape and Domestic violence.
We will carry on teaching Zumba to all in Knysna as it is our true belief that having fun while moving our bodies can lift up anyone mentally, physically and spiritually. Our Motto is indeed: “It’s not working out, it’s WORKIN’ IT!”
Celine de Villiers & Ingrid Hughes
083 560 5624 (Celine)